NEW RINGTALK.COM SERIES: THOSE WHO HAVE PASSED & THOSE I WISH WOULD!

February 28th, 2012 By Pedro Fernandez

The Late Johnny Tocco

LONG OVERDUE RINGTALK.COM IDEA COMING TO FRUITION

San Francisco, CA- There are some people I choose to remember, others I wish I could forget. For the most part, I will not be dealing with the 25% of people in boxing that are certified assholes. But I will be delving into the past and introducing you to people I’ve interacted with that were the other 75% in boxing that I feel have added some positivity to a business that is scandalous, corrupt, and run by admitted, convicted, and or pardoned Felons. There are few endeavors as sleazy as boxing, and to find good people in it is akin to finding a bird turd in a haystack. The series should run weekly and I am working on the first piece as I write this.

OK, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE CROOKS & ASSHOLES?


Don King & Bob Arum


Unfortunately, a lot of the scum that has controlled the sport/business for the last 35 or so years, they just won’t die! They get poorly done face lifts, die their hair to look like rust emanating from an old sewer pipe, all the while these people are as toxic as raw sewage being pumped into drinking water. That being said, I will at times go off course and bring you the dark and seedy side of professional boxing. You see, unlike Faux News, I go out of my way to be, “Fair & Balanced.”

Pedro Fernandez

COMMENTS

  1. Telln it like it is.

    Rick on February 29th, 2012 at 4:31 AM
  2. Amen

    SCR on February 29th, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  3. Lookin forward to it Pedro!!!

    FightFan101 on March 2nd, 2012 at 12:42 AM
  4. Johnny Tocco was a truly a class act. At 16 I called his gym wanting to buy a pair of sparring gloves, he quoted me $80 for a pair of 16 oz Cassanovas, I get down there after talking to him, meeting that big,shaggy haired dog he had walking around the gym, I ended up walking out of there with a pair of gloves, a thirt, a sweatshirt, a hat and he gave me an autographed picture of him from the filming of the “Champions are Forever” video all for $120. It was just him, my father and I in his gym for about an hour and a half, listening to him tell stories , like the one where Greg Haugen spun his tires in the parking lot and shot rocks all over Tyson’s entourages vehicles. Great man, RIP

    Josh on March 4th, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Leave a Reply

Powered by Crowd Ignite