ANDRE BERTO HURT, FIGHT WITH VICTOR ORTIZ DEAD!
ANDRE BERTO SAID TO REQUIRE SURGERY
San Francisco, CA– Reports that Andre Berto (28-1, 22 KOs) was seriously injured sparring yesterday in Southern California were confirmed late Monday evening. The injury is said to be a “torn” or “ruptured” left bicep. One report said that Berto had suffered the same muscle tear previously. With pending surgery possibly as soon as this week, Berto’s February 11 rematch with Victor Ortiz (29-3, 22 KOs) has been canceled. No word as to who will replace the American born fighter of Haitian heritage on the Showtime Championship Boxing card.
STEROIDS REPORTEDLY FACILITATE BERTO INJURY
According to the world’s preminent MMA writer Dave Meltzer of the WrestlingObserver.com, his take on torn biceps taken from an article at SteroidSources.com is as follows. “The biceps will tear more frequently on steroids, but non-steroid using lifters often don’t have problems with biceps tears.”
BERTO WORKS WITH VICTOR CONTEThe reason why steroids are being brought into the story is that Victor Conte, a convicted Felon and the mastermind behind the “rigging” of some 2000 Olympic events, and who also admitedly supplied Shane Mosley with steroids and EPO for his second fight with Oscar De La Hoya, is involved. Conte is the same man whose trash when searched by the FBI turned up documents that tied Major League Baseball home run king Barry Bonds to Conte’s now defunct BALCO Labs and steroids, is one of Berto’s conditioning advisors. Berto and Ortiz fought last April in a brawl in which both men tasted the canvas.